FY21 GUIDE REVIEW PROCESS – ROUND I
We truly appreciate the role you play and the time you spend making comments. Your input is key to making the new guide NEW every year. We also try to make this process (mostly) painless, so these instructions are intentionally brief. It should take no more than 5 minutes to read.
In addition, once you are logged in, you will receive an email that includes a direct link to the online review document (so you do not need to log-in again) and a cheat sheet for the on-screen commenting tools.
>What is Adobe Document CLoud? ONLINE COMMENTING & CoLLABORATION
Like other collaborative commenting tools, Adobe Document Cloud (ADC) puts everyone’s comments in one place, it can be used anywhere and on any device and offers the design team better comment tracking tools.
We think that the best feature ADC offers is that it allows you to review a just few pages at a time without losing the changes you have made.
>What to comment ON IN ROUND I
We look for three kinds of comments from you the reviewers; at this stage, grammar editing is optional.
- Your Community and Area of Expertise—Verify and update content associated with your community and/or area of expertise.
- Factual Information—Verify and update local information like dates, phone numbers, business closures, event status.
- Images—Do the images suit the content? Do they match the regional demo?
>COMMENTS SHOULD BE…
- Concise—try to be brief and straightforward when possible
- Professional—while not moderated, all comments are public to the group
- Prompt—this allows others the opportunity to see your ideas
>How to navigate the document
NAVIGATION TOOLS are located at the bottom of the document and include: move forward/backward, page # of #, magnify/reduce, expand the view to full page width, lock/float nav tools).
User Tip: You can resize the document to fit your open browsers window by simultaneously pressing Control-0 (zero) on a PC and Command-0 (zero) on a Mac.
>the editing tools
EDITING TOOLS are located at the top of the document and include: sticky note, highlight, underline, strikethrough, and draw.
- STICKY NOTE—use for notes about images or a large area of content.
- HIGHLIGHT and UNDERLINE—use interchangeably to draw attention to text/passages
- STRIKETHROUGH—remove this text/passage
- DRAW—use like a pen to make comments right in the document or circle something important
>AFTER YOU SIGN IN…
- ADOBE ID—Provide your Adobe ID—this is optional; using Facebook, Google, or Apple creates a new Adobe ID
- CHOOSE A TOOL—Choose an editing tool and begin reading the document
- CHOOSE CONTENT—Select content with tool and type comment in the commenting panel at right side of the doc
——or click on an existing comment (yours or others) to add new edits
- SAVE COMMENTS—Click POST to record each comment
- REPEAT—Repeat steps 2-4 as you move through the document
ARE YOU DONE? When you have completed your review, give it a once over and then click DONE at the top of the commenting panel to record ALL comments. And remember, you can come back later to add more.
>READY TO GO?
Easy, right. And don’t worry if you forget something. We will email you a copy of these instructions once you are logged in.
Sign in to review